These terms of service (the “Terms”) govern your access to and use of search.hotbot.com (the “Website). Hotbot Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”, or “Hobot”) and its affiliates and subsidiaries reserve the right to review and revise these Terms of Service from time to time without notice and, by using this site subsequent to any revision of its Terms, you agree to be bound by such changes.
The Terms constitute a binding legal agreement between you and HotBot. By visiting the website, registering for, installing and/or using HotBot services on any platform or device you agree to be bound by these Terms. It is only under these Terms that HotBot allows visitors/users (the “users”) to use HotBot services. If you do not agree to these Terms or any provisions hereof, please do not use any of our products or services. If you are using HotBot services on behalf of an organization, you are agreeing to these Terms for that organization and acknowledging that you have the authority to act on behalf of that organization and commit to these Terms on behalf of that organization.
No Representations or Warranties
Reasonable efforts are taken to improve the accuracy and integrity of Hotbot services, but we are not responsible for downtime, loss of data, corrupt data, service delay, mistakes, out-of-date information, or other errors. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, we reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to Hotbot services, or any functionality comprising a part of Hotbot services at any time without notice. In no event will we be liable for making these changes.
As a user, you may be provided with limited service by Hotbot. We do not warrant, and will not have any liability or responsibility for your use of Hotbot services or other products or services we provide. We may also impose limits on the use of or access to Hotbot services, for any reason and without notice or liability. Our website, products and services may be unavailable from time to time due to human, digital, mechanical, telecommunication, software, and other failures. We cannot predict or control when such downtime may occur and cannot control the duration of such downtime.
HOTBOT SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, OUR SOFTWARE, MOBILE APPLICATIONS, SERVICES AND WEBSITE) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, SUITABILITY, FUNCTIONALITY, AVAILABILITY, OR OPERATION OF HOTBOT SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR USE OF HOTBOT SERVICES, AND WE DO NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH YOUR USE OF HOTBOT SERVICES. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF HOTBOT SERVICES AND FOR ANY LOSS OF OR ERRORS IN ANY DATA OR INFORMATION. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE NEITHER WARRANT NOR REPRESENT THAT YOUR USE OF HOTBOT SERVICES WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES, NOR THAT HOTBOT SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR ACCESS OR USE, NOR THAT OPERATION OF HOTBOT SERVICES WILL BE ERROR FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN ADDITION, YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM ONE JURISDICTION TO ANOTHER JURISDICTION.
We shall not be responsible or have any liability for any delay or failure to perform to the extent due to unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, failures of your telecommunication or internet service providers, force majeure, earthquakes, fires, floods, embargoes, labor disputes and strikes, riots, war, novelty of product manufacture or other unanticipated product development problems, and acts of civil and military authorities.
Users of this Website should not rely upon opinions expressed at this Website when making business, financial, personal or other decisions. Furthermore, we do not endorse the opinions of third parties expressed on this Website or on linked Websites.
This Website is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not use this Website to sell a product or service, or to increase traffic to your Website for commercial reasons, such as advertising sales. You may not take the results from any type of Web search and reformat and display them, or mirror the Website home page or results pages on your Website. If you want to make commercial use of the Website, you must enter into an agreement with Hotbot to do so in advance. Please contact us for more information.
Your access to and use of HotBot services is subject to these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations. We reserve the right, at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, to terminate the accounts of, and/or block access to HotBot services to any users who infringe upon any applicable laws or these Terms. While using HotBot services you yourself agree not to, and agree not to assist, encourage, or enable others to use HotBot services:
- violate any applicable law, regulation or rule;
- to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of Hotbot services, any transactions being offered in connection with Hotbot services or any other activities conducted by us, disrupt our website or any networks connected to Hotbot Services, or bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to Hotbot services;
- to exploit Hotbot services in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including, but not limited to, by trespassing or burdening network capacity;
- to use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access our website or Hotbot services for any purpose without our prior written permission;
- to collect or harvest personal information about other users of Hotbot services;
- to collect or harvest personal data of individuals, without legitimate interest or consent, or in violation of any applicable law;
- to take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- to share any data or other content with any unreasonably large number of persons, including, without limitation, sending blast communications to a large number of recipients, or sharing content with persons you do not know or who do not know you;
- to represent that you are the representative or agent of any Hotbot services, including any of its functionality;
- to incorporate Hotbot services or any portion thereof into any other program or product;
- to copy or reproduce, in any form or by any means, any part of Hotbot services;
- to modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create any derivative works based on Hotbot services, including any of its files or documentation, or any portion thereof, or determine or attempt to determine any source code, algorithms, methods or techniques embodied in the Hotbot application or any portion thereof;
- to violate general ethic or moral norms, good customs and fair conduct norms;
- to violate any third-party’s rights, including any breach of confidence, personal data, copyright or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- to threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination;
- to attempt to manipulate the Hotbot name, services or products;
- to solicit or harvest personal information from or communicate with minors;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to Hotbot services, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to Hotbot services through hacking, password mining, brute force or any other means;
- to use Hotbot services for any military purpose, including cyberwarfare, weapons development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons;
- to otherwise infringe or circumvent these Terms.
We reserve the right to refuse service, suspend accounts or limit access to Hotbot services at our sole discretion. Such suspension or access limitation may be implemented by Hotbot instantly and without any indication, notice or refund. We may suspend your account for clarification, investigation or request you to explain your actions and provide additional information. If your account has been suspended, you must contact us for further information. We may suspend your user account for a reasonable period of time before we terminate a user account permanently. We are under no obligation to enforce the Terms against you. We encourage you to let us know about the violation of these Terms by any Hotbot users; however, in case of such violations we may take appropriate action at our sole discretion.
Your confidential use of this site cannot be guaranteed by us. We shall not be responsible for any harm that you or any person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect to your use of this site.
You may have an account and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information and are fully responsible for all conduct carried out under this password and account. We are not liable for any loss of confidentiality or for any damages arising from your failure to comply with these terms. You will promptly report any unauthorized use of your password to us.
Limitation of Liability
here are inherent risks in relying upon, using, transmitting or retrieving any data and/or content on the internet, and we urge you to make sure you understand these risks before using Hotbot Services.
YOUR USE OF HOTBOT SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER HOTBOT NOR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION OF ANY KIND, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, COST OF COVER OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE HOTBOT SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE THE LIABILITY OF HOTBOT SHALL NOT EXCEED WHAT THE CLIENT PAID TO HOTBOT, AND SHALL NOT INCLUDE ATTORNEY FEES OR COURT COSTS IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY LAWS OR STATUTES THAT MAY PRESCRIBE OTHERWISE.
We own all right, title and interest in and to the websites, the products and services offered on the websites as well as our logos, tradenames, and trademarks. All other rights, title and interest (including all other copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in this Website and all names, terms, logos, slogans, images and other indicia identifying Hotbot’s products or services are proprietary marks belonging to Hotbot. The names of companies and products not owned by Hotbot and mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any use of the copyrighted contents or the trademarks belonging to Hotbot without the express written permission of Hotbot is strictly prohibited.
Nothing contained in this Website shall be construed as conferring any license or right, expressly, by implication, or otherwise, under any of our intellectual property rights, or under any third party’s intellectual property rights, and no part of this Website may be reproduced, republished, copied, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
System1 respects the intellectual property of others and may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material on this Website infringes on any copyright which you own or control, or that any link on this Website directs you to another Website that contains material that infringes on any copyright which you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our designated agent to have the material removed or otherwise blocked from access.
Notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Hotbot’s Designated Agent. To be effective, the notification must be in writing and include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit InfoSpace to locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number, and, if available, your e–mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Send the written communication to our Designated Agent using the Contact Us form.
YOU AGREE, AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE, TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS HOTBOT, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS AND LICENSEES, FROM AND AGAINST ANY JUDGMENTS, LOSSES, DEFICIENCIES, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, SUITS, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, EXPERT WITNESS FEES AND EXPENSES) INCURRED IN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR BREACH OF THESE TERMS, YOUR USE OF HOTBOT SERVICES, OR ANY OF YOUR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS.
Hotbot services are not geographically limited; however, we make no representations or warranties that Hotbot services are appropriate for use or access in your location and jurisdiction.You access and use Hotbot services in your country on your own initiative and you solely are responsible for complying with your local laws and regulations, if and to the extent such laws are applicable. We reserve the right to limit, in our sole discretion, the availability of Hotbot services or any portion thereof, to any person, entity, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time.
Third Party Sites
Hotbot may link to or be linked from other websites that are not maintained by, or related to, Hotbot. Hotbot does not endorse, and is not responsible for, the content of any of those third-party websites. You acknowledge that Hotbot has not reviewed and does not endorse the content of all sites linked to from this website and is not responsible for the content or actions of any other sites linked to from this website. We do not promise that the contents of any linked sites are accurate, compliant with local, state, provincial or federal law, including any intellectual property laws. Your use of any linked site is at your own responsibility and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such reliance.
These Terms incorporate by reference any notices contained on this Website and constitute the entire agreement with respect to your access to and use of this Website. We may modify these Terms of Service at any time by posting revised Terms of Service on our Website and your continuing use of such Website and the services constitutes your agreement to be bound by such modified Terms of Service.
If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to any third-party.These Terms and your use of Hotbot services are governed by the laws of the Ontario, Canada, without regard to its choice of law provisions. You agree that the courts of general jurisdiction located in Ontario, Canada, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of or relating in any way to these Terms or Hotbot services.
If you have questions or concerns regarding these Terms please contact us.